Visit our Online Flea Market!

February 15, 2013


Happy Friday!  I hope you had a sweet Valentine's Day and are looking
forward to a fun weekend.  One of my favorite ways to get ready for
the weekend is to view Before & After photos.  They're so inspiring.


Today's first project is a little perplexing.  I don't know how to
categorize this dresser - maybe 1970's Reproduction Spanish?

Before:


I don't care what category it's in - it's stunning:

After:





These two end tables were rather dated, weren't they?

Before:


Not anymore!  Love the mirrors on the front of the drawers.

                   After:
 
Bleak 2 Unique




Casa Sugar recently posted several incredible
makeovers.  I still can hardly believe the results:

Before:

After:
Ridiculously awesome, right?


How pitiful was this little boudoir chair?
                            Before                                                           After

Enchanting!   Click here to view more
Befores & Afters on Casa Sugar's blog.



Oh, my.  What a moldy, devastating pile of former loveliness:

Before                                                          After

Furniture Medic
I'm so relieved they could salvage it and restore it to its former glory.


This 'before' is probably what the lovely settee
would look like after I tried to upholster it.
Before: 

After:
 Andrew's Refinishing in Carrollton, Texas, did
an amazing job on this vintage settee, didn't they?


Small buffets are incredibly versatile.   And
this one went from ordinary to extraordinary.

Before:


After: 
Beneath My Heart
It's perfect in a foyer, isn't it?


For a few dollars this little cabinet was rescued and restored. 

Before:                                               After:
 
Impatiently Praying for Patience
Paint, stencils and new hardware made this inexpensive re-do a reality.


Even tiny kitchens can pack a big punch with the right make-over plan:


 
Apartment Therapy
What I truly, truly love about this renovation is that the original stove,
refrigerator and cabinets were not replaced.  Everything that was
done was cosmetic and economical.  $tellar!



Here's another kitchen makeover that turned out darling:


Room 6 Design
Such a refreshing update.


One of the things I love about this next Before & After project is that
it's so easy.  And by 'easy' I mean that reproduction French Provincial
dressers are still fairly easy to find in thrift shops and consignment
stores and they're ea$y on your pocketbook. 





A Girl and A Brush
So simple, so elegant.  LOVE the drawer pulls.




A basic white paint treatment and a little fabric can make such a difference:

                                    Before:                                                                    After:
Dina's Mad Tea Party

This Martha Washington sewing chest went from drab to fab:

Before:


After:
Phantastic Phind


The entertainment center on the left was given a new life as a book case by
simply removing the doors and staining it.  Now that televisions have out-
grown cabinets many of us will probably have pieces like this one re-purpose.

           
Brendan Carpenter




Found a piece of furniture that you want but can't afford
to buy?  Copy it!  Here are 3 steps to make it happen:

1.  Have an ideal to imitate

2.   Begin with a similarly shaped piece then
roll up your sleeves and get to work

3.  Graciously accept the well-earned accolades!
Mama With a Dash of DIY Drama



          Can't afford this?                                    Make this!  

Remember - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!  Have a great weekend.


6 comments:

  1. I love looking at (and doing!) before and afters. How fun to have a bunch of them all in one place! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime I need a jolt of motivation, I look back through B&As - they're so inspiring.

      Delete
  2. Those makeovers are pretty amazing! I actually had one of those Spanish style dressers from the 70's. It was pretty ugly and we sold it. Now I wish I had seen this! Inspiring ideas! Have a great weekend! xoox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of months ago I ran across a Spanish-y style console in a thrift shop. It was only $25! I've been kicking myself for not snatching it up. Jan 8)

      Delete
  3. So glad to find your blog. Thanks for becoming a follower, that's how I found this fabulous place!! I love befores and afters!! I'm following back!

    ReplyDelete