Visit our Online Flea Market!

November 27, 2013



Who can't use a few last minute Thanksgiving décor ideas?
 
 
 



 
A little black paint turns a pumpkin into a menu board:
 
 
Stacked pumpkins make a simple table topiary:




Real vs. synthetic?
Either one will do but by investing in craft
store leaves you can use them year after year.
 
 
 
The little bamboo placemat makes
this grouping even more organic.
 
 




Gotta be honest with you - I've never handled an artichoke in my
life.  But this votive makes it look less intimidating, doesn't it?
 
 
 
 
A little note to express your appreciation of each
guest also serves as a name card for seating. 
 
 
 
 You can't get much simpler than this, can you?




Who knew peanuts and moss make such a charming combination?




 
 
 
A simple bow suffices for more casual dining:
 
 
Dried tree branches, construction paper, a mason jar and twine
are all you need to make a Thankful Tree.  Have guests write what
they're thankful for and hang their thoughts on the 'tree'.
 
 
 
Amen!

8 comments:

  1. such beautiful ideas and the last one is my favorite of all, such a great play on words,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, too! Have a great Thanksgiving, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these ideas, especially the thankful tree. so simple. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though we all are thankful, sometimes we get caught up in the day-to-day living that we forget to stop and simply be thankful. I hope you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving. -- Jan

      Delete
  4. Great ideas! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you and your extended family and friends have a blessed Thanksgiving, too. -- Jan

      Delete
  5. Talk about a blast from the past, I just found your site through Porch Sitting Time, I was scrolling through and had to back up to the picture of the old store with the gas pump in front of it, in Garfield MD. I pass the site where that store used to sit all the time and I remember it from my childhood. I was raised a few miles down the road in Wolfsville and still live on my parents farm. I just went to the bazaar at the UM church in Garfield 3 weeks ago. Small world.
    Love your ideas and your creativity.
    Char

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband, Bob, is a lifetime member of the Garfield UMC - he was baptized there as a baby! That mountain is one of the most beautiful spots on the Earth. Every August we attend the Garfield picnic and the Wolfe family reunion. Bob's late cousin, Jeanette Kuhn, was also a member of Garfield UMC and every year helped organize the bazaar. She is remembered for her incredible quilting skills. -- Jan

      Delete