Visit our Online Flea Market!

January 14, 2015


Growing up in a 1950s brick rancher I always felt deprived because our

house didn't have a fireplace.  Yes, at an early age I had Fireplace Envy.

There are few aspects of a house that add as much architectural interest
as a fireplace.  I didn't understand that concept as a kid - I just worried how
Santa would deliver our presents if he couldn't come down the chimney.

Wish my parents had thought about adding a -

Faux Fireplace!

It's hard to believe that the fireplace pictured above is a fake.  Click here
for the step-by-step tutorial on how to build your own fake fireplace.

Link

Let's take a look at some other photos of artificial fireplaces.
Link

This 'new' fireplace anchors the room:



Link


Source
Not only does this fireplace add architectural
interest it also adds storage space.



Link






Source


Link


Look closely at the back of the fireplace - the sheet
rock was stenciled to resemble bricks.  Brilliant!
Link



Link
The metal ceiling tiles add an elegant touch to this fake fireplace but
think solid tiles would have worked better than the mirror.



Yes, it's a little late to be looking at Christmas decor but
I bet this faux fireplace looks beautiful year 'round:
Link



Creating a fireplace in a bedroom adds such an elegant touch:
Link


An ingenious apartment dweller decided to build their own fireplace:
Link
They found a small load of bricks that were being given away for free
on Craigslist and built the mantel themselves.  The entire project cost
about $150 and took less than 3 afternoons of work.  Genius!



Molding and trim were added to the plywood box before
it was painted.  Click here to read the full story.

Not long ago a local contractor told me that, when building
a new house, adding a 'real' old fashioned fireplace tacks
over 5% to the price of the home.  Yikes.

Hmmmmm . . . . so, if it's a matter of math . . . . .

1.  plus

2. plus

3. plus

equals:

Link
I love how math works!

Where there's a will, there's a way.
(So true.)

5 comments:

  1. beautiful inspiration! i also have a "fireplace" like this :) http://sandrynka.blogspot.com/2014/12/zyczeniowo.html - see yourself!

    ps. kisses from Poland:*

    ReplyDelete
  2. But a fireplace usually adds + $ when you sell the house.
    I love all of these fireplaces.
    When I bought my home I had 5 fireplaces. I removed the fireplace in my studio.
    I needed the storage space.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add I really do not like the TV above the fireplace.
      Put it somewhere else.
      For me fireplaces are to be enjoyed a place to sit and read, play games, puzzles or best of all nap by.
      Just me.

      Delete
  3. The one in the bedroom is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, I have a real fireplace in our family room and a faux in my bedroom.
    I've never been happy with the one upstairs. I do like a couple of the ones you shared...
    I'm to use them as inspiration. Love the fireplace you created. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete