Visit our Online Flea Market!

August 17, 2015

Could we repurpose that?  Absolutely!

Prepare to have your mind blown:
  $475 !!!  That's what this Etsy vendor is asking for an old
window frame inset with the lids of thrift shop glass bowls.
It really is a beautiful sun catcher, isn't it?

Remember a few posts back where I encouraged you to visit a
Habitat For Humanity Restore for inexpensive building supplies?
Most offer a wide assortment of used inexpensive windows that
are ideal for repurposing.

I really like this idea for a window flower box:

Reclaimed wood and an old window were used
to build this charming, rustic display cabinet:

Here are some more ideas for upcycling an old window:



A distressed old window adds instant architectural interest:

A repurposed window provided the 'lid' of
this shadow box-inspired coffee table:



 Photographer Nick Olson and designer Lilah Horwitz built a rustic yet modern cabin
with $500 worth of building supplies and a truckload of free repurposed windows:
 
 
Located in the rolling mountains of West Virginia, the retreat is a one-of-a-kind
wonder that reflects the couple's desire to express their creativity on a budget.


You might not be ready to take on the job of building
a cabin but how about a backyard greenhouse?
 
 
I spy with my Repurposing Eye the base of an antique sewing
machine that was upcycled to be a potting table.  Great idea!


 
 
 
 
 

 
Yea, I think we could take on any of today's Repurposeful Monday ideas!

9 comments:

  1. WHOA-----THAT IS AMAZING. My mind is spinning on gathering glass. I see all the garden sheds, I think they call them "she sheds" and I would like one of those too.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had a $1 for every window I've passed up..... well, I don't even want to think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The greenhouses are a marvel and put me in mind of a lovely one living in a backyard in P o Portland, OR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The greenhouses are a marvel and put me in mind of a lovely one living in a backyard in P o Portland, OR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The greenhouses are a marvel and put me in mind of a lovely one living in a backyard in P o Portland, OR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I move North to the South, I'm going to build one of these for my Plumeria! Another great post. Thank you, Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of repurposing old windows. They are so pretty, even without embellisment! Oh,, I'd love a whole building made from them! Nice photos of various projects. susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful !
    I would love to have a beautiful green house out of windows.
    But here in Tuscon it would be an oven.
    What a super post today.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete